Preventing domestic and family violence is at the core of our practice.
We work closely with Our Watch, a national organisation established to drive change in the culture, behaviours and power imbalances that lead to violence against women and their children. DVNSW endorses the Our Watch prevention framework and strategy 'Change the Story'.
We commit to:
- Challenge stereotypes.
- Call out sexist attitudes.
- Speak out if we hear excuses for violence or victim blaming.
- Spread the word that violence is never an option or a solution and there is NO excuse.
- Acknowledge respect and equality when we see it.
- Celebrate our role models.