The Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science at Swinburne University of Technology & Forensicare invites you to submit abstracts for the upcoming conference – Prato 2019: Working with violence in adults and youth.
This international conference brings together policy contributors, lawyers, clinicians, legal decision makers, advocates, and researchers to explore the phenomenon of violence from a cross-disciplinary perspective, focusing on clinical, welfare, and legal strategies to explore effective responses to addressing, intervening and preventing violent behaviour. We welcome you to submit abstracts in the form of a paper, symposium or roundtable discussion.
The conference will give particular attention to the following themes:
- Understanding violence and offending
- Exploring youth violence and anti-social behaviour
- Family violence and child welfare
- Gender and cultural effects
- Legal reforms for managing violent offending
- Advances in offending programs and approaches to desistance from violence
- Mental illness, trauma, personality dysfunction, substance misuse and violence
- Risk, intervention, diversion and decarceration approaches and policy
The conference will offer considerable opportunity for cross-national dialogue. Keynote speakers, presented papers and roundtable forums will address the conference aims.
Call for abstracts close: 30th May, 2019
Abstract template and submission guidelines can be found HERE