We’re here to support you, so you have strong voice, and a partner on your side.
Domestic Violence NSW is the peak, statewide representative body for a diverse range of specialist domestic and family violence services in New South Wales.
Operating from a feminist, social justice perspective we work to improve the spectrum of policy, legislative and program responses to domestic and family violence (DFV) and to eliminate DFV through leadership in advocacy, partnerships and the promotion of good practice.
Our work includes:
- Research, policy development, advice to government and services and practitioners
- Support for the development and implementation of primary prevention and early intervention work and integrated responses that prioritise safety and wellbeing and hold perpetrators to account
- Advocacy and representation
- Training and education
- Support for the development of good practice
- Information dissemination to our members
- Awareness raising in communities
- Sector capacity building, consultation and coordination to support better service delivery and well-functioning community organisations.
DVNSW works in partnership with government and non-government organisations.
We sit on a number of state and federal government advisory groups to provide advice on policy and legislation.
We also co-convene the NSW Women’s Alliance with Rape and Domestic Violence Services Australia.
For renewals & new members.
If you have any issues filling in this application form please contact DVNSW